Body Odor Types - Do You Sweat Heavily and Smell? Is Your Problem Foot Odor Strong and CheesyFoot Odor Remedies
Why is it only me that suffers with body odor? Oh believe me you're not on your own. The amount of people that come seeking help for their body odor is very high indeed. The human body creates a range of odors in the form of volatile chemical substances that stimulate the sense of smell. It's a natural process that you can't prevent and this is why so many people look for a treatment to rid odors such as bad breath or smelly feet.
All natural functions of the body serve a purpose which also applies to smell. If it wasn't for certain odors that alert us to dangerous conditions we could die. What makes matters worse is there is no natural odour with a pleasant smell, but having said that neither is there one harshly unpleasant. When the body produces an abnormal odor it is usually caused by infection. While most types of body scent is considered socially unlikeable, there are several considered benign while others serve as attractants. Most noxious are those created in the intestinal tract, the mouth, on the feet and under the arms.
Intestinal tract gas (flatus) is a usual product of digestion. It occurs when bacteria already resident in the gut process the carbohydrates in food that can't be broken down by digestive enzymes, or from swallowing gas-containing products such as fizzy drinks or taking in too much air. Types of odor depend on the kinds of bacteria that inhabit the human intestinal tract, and the food sorts you eat. While normally passed through the bottom some gas is missed, and is then released through the mouth. (burping)
Bad breath (halitosis) is normally reasoned by too much bacteria growing on or between the teeth. Plaque, dry mouth and cavities can also be accountable for halitosis. While saliva's natural antibacterial action cleans the mouth and removes stubborn food particles lodged between the teeth, it is its reduced flow late in the evening that causes morning breath. Bad breath can also occur from something in the lungs or gastrointestinal tract. Specific foods like curry, onions, spices, garlic, and alcohol can create bad breath after passing through the bloodstream and exhaled by the lungs. Smelly breath is a common concern people seriously worry about.
If person's diagnosed as having hyperhidrosis then it means they have a problem with profuse sweating in areas like under the arms and the feet. It's uncanny how people assume it is men that have sweaty smelly feet. This assumption is false, in fact women's feet is just as likely to smell as much as men's if not worse. The body has 3 chief kinds of skin glands, sebaceous glands, eccrine glands, and apocrine glands. Approximately two million of these eccrine glands release an odorless sweat that consists of 99% pure water along with slight traces of salt and potassium. A particular amount of these apocrine glands which locate under the armpits and the genitals, or anywhere there is body hair produce a viscous substance. It's a gooey type of substance which affects the hands, cheeks, and scalp also. If it is allowed to settle in a warm environment the sweat will promote further growth of bacteria and fungi. These microorganisms digest components of sweat and discharge volatile chemicals that are responsible for acrid odor.
Is there different types of smell for different parts of the body. Yes there is and for people also. People with a specific odor derived from a certain body part may find their smell is different to another person's who's same body part is affected. This is because people differ, and on the stage the problem has been allowed to advance to.
In most cases of people having a fishy odor, it is usually caused by vaginal infection called bacterial vaginosis, however there is also a rare genetic disorder called trimethylaminuria, or fish odor syndrome which brings the fishy stench not only on their breath, but also in their sweat and urine. As of yet there's still no given reason for why it happens but research states that the condition is the outcome of defects in an enzyme that breaks down trimethyl-amine, a byproduct of protein digestion freed by bacteria in the gut. The byproduct is the tiny molecule accountable for the nasty odor at low concentrations and a fishy odor in bigger amounts
What is deemed an unnatural body odor? An abnormal odor is usually caused by illness and infection but most common of all causes is poor hygiene. If personal care lacks a proper cleansing routine then what do you expect? Try this experiment; pour a little milk onto a saucer and leave. Go back after 48 hours and you'll find after taking a whiff it doesn't smell as fresh as it did when you first poured it. The longer it's left the more rancid the smell. I know you're thinking 48 hours is a long time but you'd be surprised how many people go this length without washing certain parts of their body. A lot of people tend to forget there is more than the face and hands to wash on a daily basis.
Effective ways to treat and prevent body odor
1. Watch what you eat because it's said you are what you eat. This makes sense when particular smells your body releases has people turn their back on you. Particularly spicy foods and those containing garlic can increase body odor so avoid these food types if possible.
2. Leave shoes off at every convenience to allow them to air while giving your feet space to breathe at the same time.
3. Use medicated soap instead of ordinary. Since body odor is the result of apocrine secretions combined with bacteria, medicated soap can for a short period of time help you rid or keep nasty odors to a minimum. Be careful with antibacterial soaps because particular sorts are known to dry out and irritate the skin. If you're skin is sensitive and prone to drying out then try Dove or Cetaphil to help put back moisture.
4. it's a sensible move to carry baby wipes if you sweat heavy. They are handy to have on your personal. Remember if you're under stress the sweat glands go berserk and secrete more odor-producing moisture than normal. You could also use pre-moistened towelettes to remove smelly residue instantly.
5. Socks made from fabric that suffocate the feet will cause foot odor. Make sure material is absorbent. It needs to be able to soak up and absorb moisture. Socks made from a synthetic called polypropylene are your best bet to help prevent smelly feet. To prevent foot odor change socks regular.
6. Odor-producing bacteria thrive in warm moist places so dust in areas you're prone to sweating heavy with talcum powder. If you suffer from yeast infections then avoid products that contain cornstarch.
If the problem of smelly feet is the result of ingrained fungus you may need advice of the pharmacist or your doctor. Ingrained fungus is most frequently responsible for foot odor and chronic athlete's foot. If you suffer one of these conditions then most likely you will need something stronger than soap and water to clear the odor. Medication containing miconazole nitrate found in Desenex spray, or clotrimazole, found in Crux or Mycelex cream is normally powerful enough to destroy the source of the concern and also considered one of the best effective treatments.
Save yourself further embarrassment if your friends are making up excuses to avoid being with you, and see your GP. Don't let heaving sweating interfere with your lifestyle. Consider using what other people are using effectively to treat and rid their problem of excessive sweating. more on this below.
Stop out of control body odor Sweating Or other smelly concerns like Vaginal Odor