The Many Benefits of Epsom SaltFoot Odor
Epsom salt has been a long standing home remedy for various ailments and problems. Apart from the numerous health benefits that it offers, it also has other uses in the beauty and household department. Unknown to many, epsom salt is not actually a salt. It is a naturally occurring pure mineral compound made up of magnesium and sulfate. Several studies have shown that both magnesium and sulfate can be easily absorbed by the skin, making epsom salt baths an ideal way to soak up these amazing health benefits. Curious on what these health benefits are? Without further ado, let me share to you some of the many benefits of epsom salt. Here are some of them.
1. It can help alleviate stress and improve mood. Our body's magnesium level depletes when we feel stressed. Soaking in an epsom salt bath can help replenish the lost magnesium in our body. Apart from that, the magnesium content of the salt can also help the body produce serotonin, or happy hormones.
2. It can help remove dead skin cells. When mixed with natural oils such as olive oil or lavender oil and rubbed all over the body, it can help remove build up of dead skin cells. Regular removal of dead skin cells is necessary to achieve that youthful and flawless skin, so scrub away.
3. It can help relieve constipation. Epsom salt can help increase water in the intestines which in effect can alleviate constipation problems. Basically, it can act as a natural laxative. But because it has to be ingested, it is very important to seek your doctor's advice first before using it as it can be harmful in some cases.
4. It can help remove foot odor and other foot problems. It contains a natural neutralizer which when mixed with water can help treat and prevent foot odor. Apart from foot odor, it can also help alleviate the symptoms of athlete's foot and toenail fungus.
5. It can help relieve pain. Epsom salt has anti inflammatory properties which can help alleviate body pain, making it beneficial in treating sore muscles, asthma and migraine. In addition, epsom salt can also help heal cuts, wounds and soreness from childbirth.
6. It can help volumize hair. Adding epsom salt to your conditioner can help you achieve that vavavoom hair. It's best to warm the conditioner-salt mixture in a pan or in a microwave before applying it to your hair.
7. It is effective in cleaning bathroom tiles. When mixed with liquid detergent, it can help dislodge deep seated dirt from your bathroom tiles.
8. It can help get rid of plant pests. Just spray it in your plants to get rid of those pesky plant pests naturally.
Go natural today for your healthier future. Jem's Natural Living offers a wide assortment of eco friendly home products, organic baby products, organic food, and natural health products.